Posted by Clare O'Neill
October 24, 2009
Open Call for Entries for All Photographers
Juror: David E. Little, Curator and Head of Photography and New Media at Minneapolis Institute Arts (MIA)
Entry Fee: $30 up to 5 images; $10 each additional (no limit on number that may be submitted)
Prizes: $300 for 1st; $200 for 2nd; $100 for 3rd
Entries Due: October 24, 2009
Notice of Acceptance: November 10, 2009
Exhibition Dates: January 2, 2010 - January 31, 2010 at the Mpls Photo Center
Reception: January 8, 2010, 6:00 - 9:00 pm at the Mpls Photo Center
About the Juror
David E. Little, Curator and Head of Photography and New Media at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA), is known for his blend of programmatic innovation, original scholarship in post-1945 art, and experience working with some of the leading artists and photographers today. With his solid foundation in art history and cultural theory, he is an experienced lecturer, writer and curator - frequently participating in portfolio reviews, conferences, and photography events worldwide.
Entries are submitted via email along with registration form to entries@MplsPhotoCenter.com. Please follow these requirements when preparing your images for submission.
• Save images as RGB using standard Adobe RBG or sRGB profile. Do not use CMYK.
• The largest image dimension (width or height) should be 1280 pixels with the other dimension proportional.
• Images should have a resolution of 72 dpi, any layers flattened, 8-bit JPEG files.
• Use JPEG compression quality of 10.
• File Names should be in the following format: Last Name_First Name_01.jpg.
• Include in one folder, Last Name_First Name with registration form.