Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Call for Entry | Art in Nature
Art in Nature
Deadline September 15, 2009
Art in Nature can be seen from the subatomic to the cosmic. It can be raw, powerful, serene, destructive, fertile and delicate. This exhibition will illustrate all aspects of nature.
The exhibition is open to photographers world wide, both amateur and professional. The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
Juror: Kathy Moran is National Geographic magazine’s first senior editor for natural history projects. A twenty-seven year veteran of the Society, Moran has produced projects about terrestrial and underwater ecosystems for the magazine since 1990. At last count she had edited over 135 articles for the magazine. Recent highlights include editing a special edition of National Geographic magazine “100 Best Wildlife Photographs”. She was also project manager for the NGS/Wildlife Conservation Society’s award winning collaboration of photographer Nick Nichols and Dr. Michael Fay’s trek across Central Africa. The resulting articles were the impetus for the creation of Gabon’s National Park system. She was named “Picture Editor of the Year” for her winning portfolio in the 2006 Pictures of the Year competition. Moran believes that every story and every photographer need to be edited individually. There is no formula that can be applied.
Exhibition and Awards:
With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
* Juror’s Selection award: $300
* Director's Selection award: $200
* Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
* Two Artists’ ShowCase Online subscriptions for one year: (preview at www.artists-showcase.org)
* All exhibitors are included in the Center's online gallery
* Entries due: September 15, 2009
* Notice of acceptance: September 25, 2009
* Exhibition dates: December 4, 2009 - January 9, 2010
* Reception: December 4, 2009, 6:00 - 9:00 PM
* The entry fee for non-members is $35 USD for the first three images.
* The entry fee for members of The Center for Fine Art Photography is $20.00 USD for 3 images.
* Additional images may be submitted for $10 each.
There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.
Download the full prospectus and instructions for submitting your work online
in Adobe PDF Format (64 KB), click here.
Click here to submit online